Sunday, September 2, 2012

Talking to the right person …

I had a moment of clarity, and then it was gone again, into the ether where I apparently keep it or where clarity is kept. For a moment, I knew why I wanted to teach music, with a view toward education and spiritual awakening, directed toward building a functioning production system with active participants in what would be a business. I knew how I could explain it, and then the doubts arose again. There is too much information, and people’s patience demands the quick answer when the quick answer is not available. I have been studying many quick answers, and it is the sum of those answers which add up into the starting place of what I am trying to create.

There is an age group that needs to start. I have studied how to start, and how to approach teaching how to start. The younger students must start at the beginning because they do not have the residual knowledge base to construct from within the frame with missing pieces between. It is called building from a foundation, and all good architecture starts that way. I know how to start from the foundation, but how deeply into the construction must we and/or should we go? There is a solid starting point in just getting to know how to play the instruments, without going into all of the “tricks” and secrets that will come out in time about the instruments.

I envisioned finding the spot where the instruments “cross over”, where the playing starts to be both the playing and something more. I am a storyteller from the ground, from the Earth, but I am also a spiritual being, and I work in the spiritual realm as well. I work in film as a film director, I work in music as a sound director, and I work in education as an educator. The music is the learning instrument. Without the instruments, the film is an image in an imaginary space, as are all of my “movies” so far, as none are published and I have not been to film school, although I have studied. I am not a cinematographer, and I am technically not an engineer, but I have studied sound, and I know how to lead an engineer to the right questions, and I know how to teach somebody to think about the right questions if they are a sound engineer. I have learned how to teach, but I have not really taught, because teaching is learning, and the opportunity to teach should only be accepted when it is at a stage where learning is part of the teaching. These are simultaneous cause and effect relationships.

I love the technology we have now, that allows us to isolate objects, even objects in sound waves, so that we can follow how the path of the cause enters into the field as an effect. I love the idea of setting up a production company that is responsive, that can help people grow to understand their personal mission in life, and to better see cause and effect as they fit into a whole picture. I love that opportunity could come, if I could just pull the whole concept out of the ether, when I was talking to the right person ….

No comments:

Post a Comment